How to Play
MORE PAYOUTS - SHORTER TOURNAMENTS - MORE FUN!
Shootout tournaments at BetMGM Poker are an exciting variation to our standard multi-table tournament format. A Shootout tournament can be one, two, three or four rounds depending on the number of players that enter.
Rounds 1, 2 and 3
- Tables will not be collapsed and players only play against the other players at their table.
- Players advance if they are one of the three remaining players at their table.
- Players that advance are paid a portion of the prize pool for that round.
- Players will advance with the chips that they have won.
- Round 4 is played out in a standard multi-table tournament format.
- Payouts in round 4 follow a standard multi-table payout structure based on the number of players that enter the round and the remaining prize pool.
IN A SHOOTOUT, THE TOURNAMENT PLAY IS FASTER AND MORE PLAYERS GET PAID!
Here's an example of how a Shootout tournament works:
Number of Entrants: 110
This round will begin with 11 tables and 10 players per table. The round will finish when there are three players left at each table. There will be 11 first-placed finishers, 11 second-placed finishers and 11 third-placed finishers – all of whom will be paid and will advance to Round 2.
This round begins with four tables which will consist of three tables with eight players per table and one table with nine players. The round will finish when there are three players left at each table. There will be four first-placed finishers, four second-placed finishers and four third-placed finishers – all of whom will get paid and advance to Round 3.
This round begins with two tables with six players per table. The round will finish when there are three players left at each table. There will be two first-placed finishers, two second-placed finishers and two third-placed finishers – all of whom will get paid and advance to Round 4.
This round begins with one table seating six players. The round and tournament will finish when only one player with chips remains. Round 4 payouts are based on a standard multi-table format (if less than 10 players begin round 4, the payouts will be 50% to first place, 30% to second place and 20% to third place). In this example the first, second and third place finishers from round 4 will be paid.
Shootout tournaments use standard tournament blind structures.