How To Play
Take Your Seat at the Poker Table
Right, that's it. You're now finally ready to take your seat at one of the many exciting tables and start playing poker. But which type of poker?
IS THIS SEAT TAKEN?
After you have logged into the BetMGM Poker software, you'll find yourself in the lobby.
Once you’re in the lobby, you can find a game that's perfect for your needs. This can be a high or low-stakes cash table, Sit & Go, one of our big-money tournaments, satellites or qualifiers, or keeping it casual with our play-money options.
Whatever you’re looking for, the way you search for a table or tournament is always the same:
- Use the tabs at the top of the list of tables to initially narrow down your search between cash games, Sit & Gos, tournaments or play money.
- Use the column to the left of the list of the tables to refine your search further:
- For cash games, select the particular game you want and then choose the table stakes.
- For Sit & Gos, use the headers to find the table you like the look of.
- For tournaments, use the headers to find the tournament you're looking for.
- For play money, select the particular game you want and then choose the table stakes. You will also find play-money tournaments and Sit & Gos here.
- Once you've refined your search, your relevant tables will be shown in the central column of the lobby. Various table and game information will be displayed, so scroll up and down to find the one that best suits your needs.
- Click once on your preferred table. Further table or tournament information will now be displayed in the column to the right of the list of the tables.
- If you're happy with your selection, double click your highlighted selection to be taken to your table.
Once you see your table, you can take a seat. All available seats will be labeled "Seat open." Click on your preferred seat and a pop-up will then appear asking you how much money you want to take the table. Select the amount and join the game, although you may have to wait if the other players are in the middle of a hand. Now show 'em what you're made of!
SIT & GOS
Once you see your table, you can take a seat. All available seats will be labeled "Seat open." Click on the seat you want and a pop-up will then appear asking you to pay the stated buy-in. Check the tick box, click "OK" and you'll then be able to join the game. Please note that you will have to wait until all the available places have been filled before the game begins.
After you have selected the tournament you want to take part in, a new screen will appear that will ask you to register for this tournament. Click the "Register" button and follow the instructions on the screen. Please note that if there is no "Register" button available, it may be because registration has not yet opened. Check the screen information to see when you can come back and register.
Once you have registered, take note of when the tournament begins and make sure you come back before the start so you are ready to take your seat.
Please note that if you do not have enough money to cover the buy-in, you will have to click the "Deposit" button in the top right-hand corner and add some funds to your account.
WHAT'S YOUR PREFERENCE?
You can completely tailor your poker-playing experience at BetMGM Poker by setting your own personal preferences. These include preferred seating position, chat options, sounds, activating keyboard shortcuts, visual preferences and multi-tabling specifications, hand history logs, tournament alerts and so much more.
You can also change your on-screen player avatar, either by choosing from our own image library or uploading your own image. Any uploaded images will be screened by BetMGM Poker before appearing on screen. It may take up to five days to get approval for your image, so please be patient.
All of these customizable features can be found under "Preferences" in the left-hand menu when you log in to the BetMGM Poker client.